BT is now offering its own-branded Home Hub 4 through high street and online retailers, including Currys and Argos.
The dual-band ADSL router is also available from the online BT Shop and includes Smart Wireless which detects and automatically connects to the best wireless channel for a more reliable connection.
The device includes three standard Ethernet ports and two Gigabit Ethernet ports (WAN and LAN).
It also features intelligent power management technology which monitors hub functions and puts them individually into power save mode when not in use.
Erik Raphael, Devices director for BT’s Consumer division, said: “We’re really pleased to be able to make the Home Hub 4 more widely available.
“Now everyone can use the cutting edge technology and sleek design that previously was only available to BT broadband customers, to give them a better broadband experience. The Home Hub 4’s innovative smart dual-band technology avoids interference for an ultra-reliable connection.”
The Home Hub 4 will retail for £99.99 including VAT.
Ports and Sockets
• ADSL network interface for BT Broadband
• 1x RJ45 Gigabit WAN interface for BT Infinity
• 4x RJ45 Ethernet LAN ports
• 1x Gigabit Ethernet
• 3x 10/100 Base T Ethernet
• 1x USB 2.0 master socket x1
• Wireless: WPS
• Reset (Pinhole)
• On/Off power button
Weight & dimensions
• 301 (gms)
• 116 high x 236 wide x 31 deep (mm)
• Dual band concurrent wireless
• 2.4GHz: 802.11n dual-stream 2×2 MIMO. Back compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/h
• 5GHz: 802.11n dual-stream 2×2 MIMO.
• WPS wireless connection
• Smart Wireless – automated channel selection in 2.4 & 5GHz
• Wireless channel operation
• 2.4GHz: 20MHz (default), 40MHz supported
• 5GHz: 40MHz (default), 20MHz supported
• Up to 64 simultaneous wireless users supported
• 2.4GHz: WPA & WPA2 (default), WPA, WPA2 and WEP 64/40
• 5GHz: WPA2
Wireless Transmission speed
• 2.4GHz wireless: up to 300Mbps
• 5 GHz wireless: up to 300Mbps
• Up to 150 Mbps (20MHz)
• Up to 300 Mbps (40MHz)