As has been widely rumoured and expected BBC DVD and 2 | Entertain are to release the 1976 story The Hand of Fear on DVD.
The story was the last regular appearance of Elisabeth Sladen, seen recently in School Reunion, as Sarah Jane Smith.
According to the official series site the disc is due for release on on 31 July, “although this date is subject to change”.
Special features include:
- Commentary by Tom Baker (the Doctor), Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith), Judith Paris (Eldrad), Bob Baker (Co-writer), Philip Hinchcliffe (Producer).
- Changing Times: A 50-minute documentary charting the special relationship between the Doctor and his companion Sarah Jane Smith.
- Swap Shop: A very rare clip of Tom Baker and Elisabeth Sladen’s appearance on the first ever edition of Noel Edmonds’ Multi-Coloured Swap Shop, shown in October 1976.
- PDFs of the 1977 Doctor Who Annual and the Radio Times listings for The Hand of Fear.
- Photo gallery, continuity announcements, information text subtitles and an Easter Egg.