The Home of Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee has announced an inquiry into Call TV quiz shows.
It is particularly interested in receiving evidence on the following issues:
- The procedures for handling calls from viewers;
- Information provided to viewers on the costs of calls and their chances of participating and winning
- The role of Call TV quiz shows in raising income for broadcasters
- The impact, financial or otherwise, of participation on viewers; and
- Whether further regulation of Call TV quiz shows is required.
Written submissions are invited from any interested organisation or individual by 16 November 2006. The committee expect a single morning of oral evidence would take place shortly after the closing date for submissions.
Submissions should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably as a Word file or by post addressed to Sally Broadbridge, Inquiry Manager, Culture, Media and Sport Committee, House of Commons, 7 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA.
Submissions should give the name and postal address of the person sending the memorandum and should state whether it has been prepared specifically for the Committee.
If the memorandum is from an organisation rather than an individual, it should briefly explain the nature and membership of the organisation. The Committee may publish some of the submissions it receives.
For more guidance on the preferred format, see http://www.parliament.uk/commons/selcom/witguide.htm