The BBC Press Office have published the new series Press Pack filled with information on the show and supporting broadcast and online publicity & shows.
In it Russell T Davies describes the series as “fun, exciting,
contemporary and scary � a full-blooded drama which embraces the Doctor
Who heritage as well as introducing the character to a modern audience.”
“As they travel through history and across the universe, the Doctor shows Rose things beyond her imagination. She starts out as an innocent, fettered by earthly concerns.
Wherever they go, whoever they meet, every story will come back to Earth. For all the danger and tension this is a fundamentally optimistic series.
The human race will survive � but only with the Doctor’s help. Prepare for brand-new adventures in the human race…”
As well as cast and crew interviews, the pack contains details of forthcoming content for the revamped official Doctor Who website which includes:
- Over two hours of specially shot on-set videos (even the Daleks have sent in a video diary).
- Doctor Who Confidential: The entire BBC THREE “making of” show available on-demand (13 x 30 minute episodes). This is the first time a non-news TV show has been streamed on-demand
- The Doctor Who Years: 3 x 30 minute specially edited video compilations, mixing classic tunes and Doctor Who clips in a nostalgia tour of the Sixties, Seventies and Eighties.
- Conquer! -the BBC’s first multiplayer online role-playing game.
- Hidden sites – enter the world of the programme through a series of hidden sites referenced in the TV show. Can you find the Doctor?
- Classic clips – more than 250 classic clips from the original series (everything from Tom Baker to the first appearance of the Daleks)
Link: BBC Press Pack