Tesco, the UK supermarket and owner of TV and movie streaming service blinkbox, has launched a new own-label tablet.
Hudl offers a 7 inch widescreen HD screen, 16GB of storage, 9 hour video battery life and a 1.5GHz quad-core processor.
The device, which runs the Jellybean version of Google’s Android operating system, was designed and built “from scratch” by Tesco and its manufacturing partners.
The retailer says it tailored the device “around customer needs and ease of use” to ensure “users can enjoy instant access to Tesco’s full range of digital services, all in one place”.
In addition to blinkbox, the Hudl offers easy access to the retailer’s Clubcard TV, banking and shopping services.
Available from September 30th, Hudl comes in four colours will cost £119 or less if customers redeem Clubcard points through Clubcard Boost, a service which allows shopper to double the value of their vouchers.
Tesco Chief Executive, Philip Clarke, commented, “Hudl is a colourful, accessible tablet for the whole family to enjoy.
“The first stage in our tablet offering, it’s convenient, integrated and easy to use with no compromise on spec. Customers are quite rightly very discerning about the technology they buy so we knew we had to be competitive on all fronts.”
· 7” 1440 x 900 HD screen
· Android Jellybean 4.2.2
· 16GB storage which can be expanded to 48GB with microSD cards.
· Quad-core 1.5GHZ processor
· 9 hours video battery life (Conditions may vary dependent on video format and content, audio volume, screen brightness and processor load)
· Micro-HDMI port
· Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
· Dual band Wi-Fi for a more stable connection
· Access to over a million apps via Google Play™
· Comes in 4 colours: black, blue, red, purple
· Wi-Fi only
· Sleek, high-quality design, with a durable, matte, soft-touch back for better grip
· Scratch resistant touch screen
· ‘Getting started’ app that offers tips and guidance