Fans of HBO’s award-winning Game of Thrones can now get the inside story of how the show’s third and fourth seasons were brought to life.
Inside HBO’s Game of Thrones: Seasons 3 & 4 is a 192 page, full-colour companion book packaged with never-before-seen set photos, production and costume designs, in-depth looks at key scenes and at the creation of the show’s award-winning visual effects.
- How pivotal events such as The Red Wedding, Battle for the Wall, the wedding of Joffrey and Margaery, and the trial of Tyrion were conceived and executed.
- Creation of the show’s title sequence and musical theme.
- Profiles of dozens of significant characters such as Mance Rayder, Jojen and Meera Reed, Oberyn Martell, Beric Dondarrion , Gilly and Samwell Tarly, Olenna Tyrell and more.
- Histories of Dragonglass, Direwolves, Warging, the Brotherhood Without Banners, the Unsullied, Second Sons, and the Children of the Forest.
- The world of Daenerys Targaryen, including her costuming, crucial scenes, and characters that support her advance towards King’s Landing.
Written by C.A. Taylor, who has written for the “Making of Game of Thrones” production diary blog since 2010, the book includes contributions by show creators/executive producers David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, as well as George R. R. Martin, author of the A Song of Ice and Fire book series on which the show is based.