Based on the book by Susan Hill, the film stars Daniel Radcliffe as Arthur Kipps, a lawyer who is forced to leave his young son and travel to a remote village to attend to the affairs of the recently deceased owner of Eel Marsh House.
Working alone in the old mansion, Kipps begins to uncover the town’s tragic and tortured secrets and his fears escalate when he discovers that local children have been dying under mysterious circumstances.
When those closest to him become threatened by the vengeful woman in black, Kipps must find a way to break the cycle of terror.
The film topped the UK box office and opened at number 2 in theUS making it the studio’s biggest ever opening film and Hammer have recently confirmed plans for a sequel.
Special Features include:
- Audio Commentary with Director James Watkins and Screenwriter Jane Goldman
- Inside the Perfect Thriller: Making The Woman in Black
- No Fear: Daniel Radcliffe as Arthur Kipps Interviews with Daniel Radcliffe, James Watkins and Jane Goldman
- The Woman in Black Red Carpet Special
- Ghost competition winner, as read by Daniel Radcliffe
- Photo Galleries including A Look Behind the Scenes, Storyboards (by Storyboard and Concept Artist Simon Duric) and Production Sketches (by Production Designer Kave Quinn)