Eureka Entertainment to release The Miracle Worker – Arthur Penn’s heartfelt biographical story about the life of Helen Keller.
Locked in a frightening, lonely world of silence and darkness since infancy, 7-year old Helen Keller (Patty Duke) has never seen the sky, heard her mother’s voice or expressed her innermost feelings.
Then Anne Sullivan (Anne Bancroft), a 20-year old teacher from Boston arrives. Having just recently regained her own sight, the no-nonsense Anne reaches out to Helen through the power of touch—the only tool they have in common—and leads her bold pupil on a miraculous journey from fear and isolation to happiness and light.
The Miracle Worker will be available for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK as part of the Eureka Classics range from 27 January 2020.
- Presented in 1080p from a high-definition digital transfer
- Optional English subtitles (SDH)
- Uncompressed LPCM mono audio
- Brand new audio essay by Amy Simmons
- Theatrical trailer
- A collector’s booklet featuring new essays by film critic and writer Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, and film critic and author Richard Combs.