Sony Pictures Television has announced its Sony Movie Channel will air a special 9 film marathon to mark the release of Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood.
9 films from the Columbia Pictures library, each personally curated by the writer/director, will screen as part of the “Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood and Quentin Tarantino Present the ‘Swinging Sixties, A Movie Marathon” event.
The series will premiere on Sony Movie Channel (Freeview 32, Sky 321, Virgin 425, Freesat 302) beginning Monday 5th August, with the films airing nightly (either individually or as double features) as a lead up to the Wednesday 14th August theatrical release of Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood.
Interstitial segments featuring specially created conversations between Tarantino and noted film writer and historian Kim Morgan will accompany each film, along with a first look at scenes from Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood.
“Sony Pictures made their Columbia Pictures catalogue available to me so that I could select a series of films representative of the era in which Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood is set, The Swinging Sixties. I’m thrilled to host these movies so we can enjoy them together,” said Tarantino.
The nine films are:
- Model Shop – Monday 5th August, 11:30pm
- Getting Straight – Tuesday 6th August, 11:30pm
- Arizona Raiders – Wednesday 7th August, 11:30pm
- Gunman’s Walk – Thursday 8th August, 11:30pm
- Hammerhead – Friday 9th August, 11:30pm
- Easy Rider – Saturday 10th August, 11:30pm
- Cactus Flower – Sunday 11th August, 1:35am
- Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice – Sunday 11th August, 11:30pm
- The Wrecking Crew – Monday 12th August, 1:45am