Starring Steve Coogan and featuring a supporting cast including Simon Pegg, Peter Kay, Rob Brydon, John Simm , John Thomson, Ralf Little and Shirley Henderson, 24 Hour Party People is the unbelievable true story of one man, one movement, the music and madness that was… Manchester.
An exhilarating portrait of the 80’s music scene, 24 Hour Party People is viewed through the drug-glazed eyes of Tony Wilson: founder of one of the most important recording companies in history, Factory Records.
Signing up bands such as Stone Roses, Happy Mondays and Joy Division, Wilson famously went broke doling out artistic freedom, refusing to tie artists down with contracts, and reveling in the birth of rave culture in his commercially doomed, world-famous Hacienda nightclub.
A revelatory and unexpectedly inspiring true story of sex, drugs and rock’n’roll, 24 Hour Party people is a blackly comic tale with a fantastic soundtrack and a certified must-own for music fans worldwide.
Icon Film Distribution presents 24 Hour Party People on collector’s edition Blu-ray and DVD on 3 June.
- Audio commentary with Tony Wilson
- Audio commentary with Steve Coogan and producer Andrew Eaton
- ‘Unknown Pleasures ‘– 24 deleted scenes
- ‘Pills ‘N’ Thrills and Bellyaches’ – 11 interviews with people involved in the Factory Records/Hacienda scene, including Tony Wilson, members of The Happy
- Mondays and DJ Arthur Baker
- ‘From The Factory Floor’ – Commentary from former Factory collaborators including Peter Hook, Rowetta and Martin Moscrop
- Profile of director Michael WinterbottomAudio interview with Peter Saville, the co-founder and graphic designer for Factory Records