Channel 4 has promised to bring audiences 1,300 hours of Paralympics coverage, including over 300 hours on Channel 4 and More 4 and more than 1,000 hours on 16 live streams available on a dedicated Paralympics web page.
In addition, All 4 will carry “the best TV coverage from Channel 4 and More 4” plus entertainment and opinion from the broadcaster’s presenting team.
All Channel 4 and More 4 coverage will offer subtitles, as well at least 500 hours of streamed content.
Coverage will be based in Tokyo and at Channel 4’s National Headquarters in Leeds where a studio audience “will create the atmosphere that is missing from the venues.”
Schedule: 24 August – 05 September
- 1100-1510 (24 August) Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games Opening ceremony – live from Tokyo, presented by Ade Adepitan, Baroness Grey-Thompson
- 0730-0900 Paralympics Breakfast – live from Leeds, hosted by Arthur Williams and Steph McGovern
- 0900-1410 Live sport – presented from Leeds with Clare Balding and from Tokyo with Vick Hope (cycling), Sophie Morgan (swimming) and Lee Mackenzie (athletics)
- 0700-1400 Team sports – live on More 4, hosted by JJ Chalmers and Ed Jackson in Tokyo
- 1700-1800 Tokyo Today – highlights show presented from Tokyo, hosted by Ade Adepitan
- 1930-2000 Gold Rush – presented from Leeds, hosted by Clare Balding
- 2200-2300 The Last Leg – live from London, hosted by Adam Hills, Alex Brooker and Josh Widdicombe, with Rosie Jones in Tokyo
- 0000-0700 Overnight live sport – presented from Tokyo
- 1100-1500 (05 September) Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games Closing Ceremony – live from Tokyo, presented by Ade Adepitan, Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson
All times are UK time. Tokyo is +8 hours.