Gamers are being asked to help inform a House of Commons investigation into the gaming industry.
MPs on the Commons’ Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee are investigating immersive and addictive technologies and have called on PC and console gamers to share their views on a number of questions:
- Is gaming harmful or helpful to society?
- How does the design of a game keep you playing for longer?
- What help is needed for people who are concerned about the amount they are gaming?
- What responsibilities do games designers have to their players?
- Are young people disproportionately affected by the addictive qualities of games and apps?
- What makes the UK a world leader in gaming and VR/AR and how can the industry be supported?
The Committee says it wants to hear directly from anyone who has views and experience playing games or working in the games industry.
Comments and views can be submitted via the DCMS Committee website.