Eureka Entertainment is giving Cloak and Dagger – the classic espionage thriller starring Gary Cooper and Lilli Palmer – its UK Blu-ray debut on 27 January 2020 as part of The Masters of Cinema Series.
A virtuoso World War II espionage thriller directed by Fritz Lang as his follow-up to the noir classic Scarlet Street, Cloak and Dagger is an underrated entry in Lang’s oeuvre, a crackerjack spy saga with a commanding Gary Cooper performance and a wealth of masterful suspense sequences.
Nuclear physicist Alvah Jesper (Cooper) is recruited by the U.S. Office of Strategic Services to become a reluctant undercover agent, traveling to Switzerland to meet with a fellow scientist regarding information on Germany’s plans to construct an atomic bomb.
After this colleague is assassinated, Jesper must sneak into Italy via the underground resistance, to contact another scientist.
While there, Jesper falls in love with resistance fighter Gina (Lilli Palmer, in her first Hollywood role), and the two must battle shootouts, double crosses, and narrow escapes to smuggle the scientist out of Italy.
- Presented in 1080p from a high-definition digital transfer
- Optional English subtitles
- Uncompressed LPCM mono audio
- Brand new audio commentary by film critic and writer Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
- Spycraft – A brand new video essay by David Cairns
- Cloak and Dagger: Lux Radio Theater [57 mins]– Radio adaptation from 1946 starring Lilli Palmer and Ronald Reagan | Cloak and Dagger: The Radio Series [approx 660 mins]
- A collector’s booklet featuring a new essay by Samm Deighan