A UK tour of Todd Phillips’ Joker accompanied by a live orchestra playing composer Hildur Guðnadóttir’s award-winning score gets underway on September 26th at London’s Eventim Apollo.
The performance will be conducted by Jeff Atmajian – conductor and orchestrator of the original soundtrack – with tour organiser Senbla’s Dave Mahoney conducting the rest of the UK Tour dates.
Hildur Guðnadóttir said: “I’m thrilled to get to see and hear Joker in the cinema with a live orchestra.
“When we recorded the music, the orchestra brought such depth and detailed attention to the performances that we were all literally holding our breaths during most of the recording sessions.
“It was a beautiful trip. I’m so happy to get to go there again and for an audience to experience that too.”
Director Todd Phillips added: “I speak for the entire Joker team when I say how thrilled we are to be working with Senbla and Ollie Rosenblatt on Joker – Live In Concert.
“I think it’s a wonderful way for audiences to experience Hildur Guðnadóttir‘s haunting and immersive score while bearing witness to Joaquin Phoenix’s descent into madness as Arthur.”
- Sunday 26th September 2021 – London Eventim Apollo
- Friday 15th October 2021 – Edinburgh Usher Hall
- Sunday 17th October – Dublin Bord Gáis Energy Theatre
- Tuesday 19th October 2021 – Birmingham Symphony Hall
- Wednesday 20th October 2021- Bath Forum
- Monday 25th October 2021 – Southend Cliffs Pavilion
- Wednesday 27th October 2021 – Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
- Thursday 28th October 2021 – Brighton Dome
- Monday 1st November 2021 – Manchester Bridgewater Hall
- Tuesday 2nd November – Liverpool Philharmonic
- Tuesday 9th November 2021 – Cardiff Millennium Centre
Joker – Live In Concert is produced and promoted worldwide by Senbla and following its London opening and UK and Ireland tour will embark on an international tour.